Unit 20: Our town
Activity 1. Look at these facts. Which ones are about St. Augustine and which ones are about Denver?
- It’s on the Atlantic Ocean.
- It’s near the Rocky Mountains.
- It’s a modern city (first houses in 1858).
- It’s an old town ( built 1565, the first town in North America).
- There are a lot of old Spanish buildings.
- It’s 1,600 meters above sea level.
- There are some beautiful old churches.
- There are some military bases in the city.
- It’s very cold in winter.
- It has a population of half a million.
- It’s a cencer for winter sports.
- You can find gold and silver in the area.
- It has a large airport.
- The weather is hot in the summer, warm in winter.
- There are two rivers in the city.
- There’s an old Spanish fortress.
- Tourism is very important in this small town.
- There are two universities and a lot of colleges in the town.
- It has a population of around 12,000.
- It’s the state capital of Colorado.
Activity 2. Ask yourself and answer:
- Does Denver have a population of 12,000?
- Can you find gold near St. Augustine?
- Are there a lot of old Spanish buildings in Denver?
- Which city would you like to visit? Denver or St. Augustine? Why?
Activity 3. Say 10 facts about your town.
Activity 4. Write a postcard from your town.
It’s on/near/next to/behind/in front of + [the Atlantic Ocean./the Rocky Mountains.]
It’s + [a modern city./an old town.]
It’s + [1,600 meters above sea level.]
You can [find gold and silver in the area./hear jazz music everywhere.]
The [river/food] is [really wide./excellent.]
There are + [a lot of old Spanish buildings./some beautiful old churches./some military bases in the city.]
It’s + [very cold in winter.]
It has [a large airport.]
It has a population of [half a million.]
Tự đánh giá và cam kết:
“Thank you for being with us on your journey of learning English.” – Anthony & Aileen